Wednesday, August 26, 2009

CoffeeDoraSurfing

Scout and Chris have gone out for coffee again. It's so good for Scout to spend time away from me. He's such a clingy Mama's boy these days. Of course, I still love it when he lunges for me and only smiles when I'm holding him, but I know it's not good for him. So, Chris is going to try to spend more time with Scout without me. I'm sure they'll be fine, I but I'm a bit worried that Scout will be so grumpy that Chris will never want to take him anywhere again!

Flora and I are spending the morning with Dora the Explorer. She doesn't usually watch Dora but is really enjoying it today. I'm convinced that thanks to Dora, Baby Einstein, and Sesame Street, Flora will start speaking Spanish to me one day and I will have no idea what she's saying!

She is content watching Dora right now, but often she is a channel surfer. I would recommend NEVER letting your child see how you turn on the TV if it is within reach of little hands. Flora will turn on the TV, then grab the remote and sit on the couch and channel surf. All she needs is an ottoman and a beer to complete the picture! It's annoying, but also very funny. She seems to prefer the Home Shopping Network, the Kansas City government channel, and The Ellen Show. Thanks to Flora I am very knowledgeable about current road and development projects in the Kansas City area.

*roll eyes*

This morning, while still in her pajamas, Flora put on some fancy white dress shoes and ran a circle through the kitchen between each channel change. Silly kid. Where does she get these ideas????

No comments: