Monday, April 26, 2010

goodbye Mildred. HELLO Veronica!!

Goodbye, Ford Focus. You've been a stellar vehicle for us, but we're going to outgrow you soon. I'll miss your reliability and your fun standard transmission, but I won't miss your ugly gray paint. I really liked the gray for a long time, but now it just bores me. It's been real, Mildred---you'll probably always be my favorite wagon.

Hello, Chrysler Town & Country. I hope you are a stellar vehicle because we plan to drive you long after your shiny red paint becomes dull. I'll miss that super shiny red paint though, so I'm going to really enjoy it while it's fresh and new (to me). It's sassy. If a minivan can be sassy, YOU are sassy. I feel like I need to paint my nails bright red just to be worthy of driving your sassiness. Ah, it feels good to own a red car again. You could be a very good influence on me.....maybe turn some of my frump into sass! And what shall we call you? You are definitely not a Mildred II --- I'm going to have to think on this for a while. Maybe Veronica? Or Lola? Well, whoever you are, here's to many good, sassy years together!! Cheers!

No comments: