Sunday, June 12, 2011

good times

Fun trip to Arkansas!!  Flora and Scout played at parks, watered flowers, went for walks, acted as Flower Girl and Ring Boy for Amanda's wedding, baked cookies, swam in a mini-pool, played in pink sand, watched Shane coach basketball, ate ice cream, visited Great Grandpa and Grandma Dot, fed chickens and met their first crawdad.  Good times!

Flora befriended a stuffed sheep at Poppy and Gigi's house and begged to take him home with us.  I told her I'd have to think about it because the sheep's home was at Poppy and Gigi's house.  When it was time to leave, Flora left the room for a moment and came back to walk nonchalantly out the front door with a huge sheep-shaped bulge in the front of her shirt.  I asked, "Flora, what's in your shirt?" She looked down at her stuffed shirt, looked back at me, shrugged, and said, "I think my belly just growed." 

We heard a lot of this on the ride home: 
Timber:  Ba-ba-ba-ba
Scout:  Blah blah blah
Timber & Scout:  *giggle*giggle*giggle*

While snuggling with Scout before naptime, he told me that he was a lot like Avee (Bryan and Sara's dog).  I asked him why he was like Avee and he said, "Because Avee is SO cute."  He went on to say, "And Sara is SO cute too and Bryan is so sweet.  I love Bryan and Sara and Avee." 

No comments: