Tuesday, June 21, 2011

role reversal

Scout picks up his toy phone and calls Robbie. 
He says, "Hi Robbie!  What you doin'?" 
After a few moments with the phone to his ear he says to me, "Mommy, you say, "Who you talkin' to?" to me."
I obediently ask, "Who are you talking to, Scout?" 
He looks right at me and says, "SHHH!" 

I laughed but what I should have done is keep asking over and over and over and over.

*****
Also, Scout was saying his VBS Bible verse today but got a little bit confused.  He said, "When I am afraid I trust in Flora."  Oops.  He'll learn soon that he shouldn't put too much trust in his big sister!  She's still very self-centered at the ripe ol' age of 3.  I'm pretty sure she would totally bail on him in a scary situation. 

I'm also just a teeny bit sad to announce that Scout can say Flora's name correctly now.  It was very cute when he called her Fora.

Oh! --and I just thought of one more thing!  Yesterday Scout told me that Timber was "his very best guy."   

Flora and Scout both say such silly things every day.  Instead of a blog I need a live video feed from our living room.  But then you would see how messy our house gets....  Nope, sorry, you'll just have to be content with the little snippets that I remember to blog about. 

No comments: