Thursday, October 13, 2011

my kind of prince


Flora and Scout were princesses tonight.  They dressed up in their fancy princess dresses and sunglasses (because apparently it's very sunny at The Ball) and packed lunches in their pumpkin trick-or-treat buckets (because apparently The Ball is not providing hors d'oeuvres).  Timber is trying to escape the whole princess scene.  He doesn't get it yet.



Flora was in a hurry to get to The Ball.  "Hurry, Mommy," she said, "I have to get to The Ball to meet the prince!"
Curious, I asked, "Why do you want to meet the prince?" 
"Becaaaaase," she very patiently explained to me, "princesses NEED princes."

"Well," I pried, "WHY do you need a prince, Princess Flora?"
I was very happy when she replied, "Because I can't make my OWN dinner!"
That's my girl!

No comments: