Friday, August 9, 2013

scout starts preschool!!


Scout started preschool yesterday.  He was SOOOO excited until bedtime the night before school started.  Then he started asking questions like, "What if I miss you?" and " What if I get sad?"  So I wasn't sure how drop off would go -- and since I was going to have Flora, Timber, and Logan with me I knew I wouldn't be able to handle a meltdown very well.

But he did great!  He woke up excited and couldn't wait to go to school.  He walked right to his classroom and gave his teacher a hug.  I said goodbye and quickly left while he was searching for the backpack hook with his name on it.  Then I sat in the van watching in the window until I saw his little red head bopping around the classroom.

And we left.  And it was that easy!  Yea!!

Scout's favorite part of preschool:  "Naptime."  Hmm...
Scout's least favorite part of preschool:  "Nothing.  It was all good."  :)

Timber gave Scout a BIG hug when he got home from school and Scout told him all about his day.  Then we ate the special after-school cupcakes that Scout had picked out and gave Scout his first-day-of-school surprise (an Angry Bird toy).



A very good start to the school year.

The only problem?  Now Timber wants to go to school and he still has two years to wait until he starts preschool.  I might just let him pick out a lunchbox to feel included.  If I'm packing two lunches in the morning it probably wouldn't be too hard to go ahead and pack three.  ;)

So that's where I am now.  Packing school lunches.  Checking backpacks for homework.  A big change from the days when synchronizing three naptimes was my top priority!