Wednesday, August 14, 2013

this and that -- funnies



Flora:  Mommy, our class got on the school bus too early and we had to wait on the bus for TWO HOURS!  Or maybe two minutes....I can't remember....

*****

Scout:  Mommy, when you paint all day I just think that you don't love me anymore.  (During the week that I was painting the exterior of the house)

*****

Timber has started calling himself  "Imber Wimber" and he calls Scout "Outy Outy"

*****

Timber:  My pepperonis are too spicy.
Me:  Flora, do you want to eat Timber's pepperonis?
Flora:  No way, pepperonis are TOO spicy.
Me:  But you ate yours already.  ??
Flora:  I know.  I just ate them because I didn't want them on my plate.  

*****

Scout lost a race and threw a fit.  I was trying to explain why that is not the appropriate way to act when you lose.  Flora chimed in and said, "Besides, Scout, the game is not special.  It's Jesus that's really important."  
Well played, Flora.  I bow to your wisdom on this matter.  :)

*****

"A Joke" by Flora
Flora:  Why did the water bottle get a water bottle?
Me:  I don't know.  Why?
Flora:  To get a water bottle.