Tuesday, September 17, 2013

today

TIMBER

Me:  Timber, how many days until your birthday???
Timber:  THREE!!!
Me:  Yes!  And how old will you be?
Timber:  THREE!!!  And then in ten days I will be TEN!!!

Hm....points for logic, but still totally wrong. 


SCOUT

When I picked up Scout from preschool today his teacher pulled me aside and told me a funny story.  Apparently their little CD sings an alphabet song and uses the word EXIT as the X word.  Scout informed his teacher that "EXIT doesn't start with an X -- it starts with an E."  She was impressed and amused.  He's kind of a know-it-all with anything that has to do with letters.


FLORA

Tonight I watched covertly as Flora danced around the room singing Taylor Swift's We Are Never Getting Back Together into a hand mirror.  I'm not even sure how to process this.....  All I know is that her teenage years are going to be interesting.