Thursday, October 22, 2009

horror. disgust. amusement.

This is story of the first and only time Flora and Scout will ever share a pack 'n' play.

On Sunday morning, I was getting ready for church with both kids (Chris goes early to Sunday School......we don't) and I was running a bit late. I decided I could pick out their clothes and get breakfast ready much faster without their help, so I put them both in the pack 'n' play for a few minutes.

I was in the kitchen putting waffles in the toaster when I heard Scout start to whine like he was unhappy about something. I assumed he just wanted out of the pack 'n' play, so I decided to get Flora's sippy cup ready before I went to get them. Scout's tone was becoming more and more irritated. . . .

To my horror, disgust, and amusement, I returned to the pack 'n' play to find Scout flat on his back, stripped of his pajamas, and in the process of having his poopy diaper changed by his 2-year-old sister. Oh my.

This is not a picture of the actual event, but I imagine it looked something like this before Flora finally managed to get Scout's pajamas off . . . . poor kid. :)

No comments: