Monday, October 12, 2009

Free Time

I know when naptime is over because I start hearing bumps and thuds and cute little jabbering out of both Flora's and Scout's room. They don't cry for me right away, but spend some time in quiet, imaginative play. I think this is SO cute.

Sometimes I will peek in at Scout to see him sitting in his crib with a little picture book in his lap, just babbling away like he is really reading. Or I will catch Flora rocking all of her dolls to sleep before tucking them into her bed.

Of course, sometimes they are less docile in their post-naptime play. Scout will sometimes rock his crib so hard that it bangs against the wall and Flora can very often be found perched on top of her dresser with several pairs of underwear layered over her pajamas. She can also be quite destructive......see the picture below for a sample of Flora's work.

It's still cute. And it's nice to get that extra time to myself for picking up toys, washing dishes, or playing solitaire on my phone. Or Facebook. Or blogging. Or researching players for my fantasy football team. Or reading a book. Or taking a nap. Or clipping coupons. But probably never for exercising.

No comments: