Friday, October 23, 2009

Husband of the Year

This post will be about the kids eventually, but I'm going to start by describing the wonderful day that my wonderful husband planned for me. Today I got to sleep in as late as I wanted, take a leisurely shower, and get dressed without the running commentary of a 2-year-old ("Mommy's legs! Mommy's tummy! Mommy's socks!" etc...).

When I finally graced the family with my presence, Flora and Scout were already fed and dressed for the day. My hot breakfast was served as soon as I sat down at the table. Ahhhh, this is already the best day I've had in a LONG time!

After breakfast, my wonderful husband gifted me with a day off and three gift cards to go spend! Woohoo! I am being run out of the house without the kids and FORCED to shop! Pinch me! I think I'm dreaming . . . . . So, I shopped and shopped and shopped. I left the house before 11am and didn't get home until after 5pm. It was wonderful. OH! And I came home to my favorite dinner! Yep, I've got a pretty wonderful husband!! I think I'll keep him.


So, anyway, back to the kids . . . . Chris stayed home with Flora and Scout all day and played Mr. Mom while I was gone. He had a bit of a scare when he decided to peek in to check on Flora during her naptime. He opened her door and couldn't find her anywhere.

This is what Chris saw:
Can YOU find Flora in this picture? She's in there . . . . Look very closely . . . . . I'll give you a hint . . . .She's wearing brown pajamas . . . . . and all you can see are her legs. Good luck!!

No comments: