Sunday, January 30, 2011

sad......and then happy

Flora and I were cuddling and giggling on the couch today when she spontaneously said, "I want to stay with you forever, Mommy!" Oddly, such a sweet statement made me really sad. I know she won't stay with me forever. I may have said the same thing to my Mommy once but now I live four hours away from her. I don't want Flora to live four hours away from me someday. It's really a sad thing to think about -- I'm tearing up right now just writing about it!! I suppose that's why children grow up so slowly. If we were cows or horses our babies would begin walking almost immediately . . . if we were dogs our babies would be taken from us after only six weeks. I'm glad that I have about 18 years to get used to the idea of Flora NOT being with me forever because right now it's almost impossible to imagine life without her.

On a happier note, tonight she asked me if her Daddy was home. I told her he was at the church for a little while. She said, "Aw, man! Daddy is my best friend."

Also, I LOVE it when Scout puts his little face right in my face and asks, "How you doin', Mommy?"

And tonight, when Chris asked Flora what she was going to dream about, she replied, "I'm going to dream about YOU, Daddy.....and cupcakes!"

Timber doesn't say anything cute yet, but a couple nights ago I caught him laughing in his sleep. I think he'll fit right in.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

I love your kids. They're the closest thing I have to my own! :)

the parishioner who doesn't do anything said...

Grown kids are fun too, and they give you grandchildren!