Monday, February 8, 2010

a hairy predicament

(pardon the corny title)

I've always admired little girls with cute short hair. A swingy, chin-length bob is just adorable on a preschooler. So, my intention has always been to give Flora a cute little bob when her hair grew long enough (in other words: when the bad bangs that I cut grew out).

Well, now Flora's hair is probably long enough for a bob, but I don't think it's going to happen. There are several reasons and they all have to do with her curly curly curls.
  • Chris would never go for it. He loves her curls.
  • I would have a hard time cutting off those curls. They are pretty dang cute!
  • Her curly, wavy hair is not ideal for a sleek, swingy bob.
So, I guess the verdict is don't cut the curls. They have to be cut eventually though. I'm curious to find out if the curly hair survives her first haircut or forever disappear only to be fondly remembered as "Flora's baby curls." I'd be fine either way. If they stick around, then we still have cute little curly-haired Flora. If they don't make it, then we have cute little swingy bob Flora.

And then there's Scout......

His hair has taken its sweet time. I'm just finally starting to feel like he has hair, but at the same time I wonder if it's time for his first haircut. He's got some long pieces that just kinda hang over his forehead. I wonder if this is one of those situations where less is more. Perhaps a tiny haircut will actually make it look like there's MORE hair up there.

A boring blog, for sure, but that's what's on my mind. :-)

No comments: