Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Big Boy Now!

Today was a monumental day in Scout's life. Today he ate his first "solid" food. It actually wasn't very solid at all, but you know what I mean. Not surprisingly, he took to it right away. By the fourth spoonful, he was a pro. He grabbed at the spoon, made chewing motions, and seemed to swallow most of it. Wow! He even banged his tray a few times when the food was all gone like all good boys do.

The best part of the experience was....well, wait a minute....I think there were actually two "best parts." The first was watching Flora's face while Scout was eating his first foods. "What? Scout eats food? I didn't know he was really a person!" Just wait, Flora.....just wait. It only gets more fun from here!

Also, Scout's reaction after he was done eating and we started eating our food was priceless. We left him sitting in the middle of the table in his Bumbo chair while we ate our pork chops and potatoes. He kept leaning over in his chair to stare at my plate and would look from the pork chop to me and back. Anyone who is familiar with Scout's intense STARE knows that it can be a bit unnerving. It was as if he was using the powers of his concentration to will me to give him a bite of pork. "Come on, Mom! I've had enough of the baby food---give me the real stuff!" Just wait, Scout.....just wait.

No comments: