Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Potty Monster

The Potty Monster and I had a bad day yesterday. Poor Chris came home to find both of his girls in a bad mood and ready for diaper-time and bedtime.

The fact that I've been secretly referring to my sweet darling daughter as "The Potty Monster" for the past few days might be a sign that it is time to put potty training on hold for a while. It's really not her fault. She looooooves sitting on the potty because it means I read endless stories to her. Seriously, she probably spent a good two hours total on the potty yesterday. We just can't seem to get our timing right.

Today would have marked the fourth day without wearing diapers (except for naps and nighttime), but late last night I decided that potty training is not meant to happen right now. I was defeated. My one year-old and her potty got the best of me. In my defense, they make quite a formidable pair. I may have lost this battle (as well as the will to fight and pieces of my sanity), but I am confident that I will win the war. How many kids enter 7th grade without learning to pee-pee and poo-poo in the potty? Not many. So that is my new goal.

But maybe we'll try again in a couple of weeks.....just to keep things interesting around here!

EDIT: Ok, this post makes it sound like it has been ALL bad.....we have had some successes. A few poo-poos and pee-pees, but not enough to justify the stressed-out maniac mommy I've become.

No comments: