Sunday, April 19, 2009

Diaper Etiquette

Flora's latest "thing" is to fall on the ground and pat her diaper when she needs to be changed. At home, she does this immediately after going pee-pee or poo-poo in her diaper. I'm used to it and actually think it is quite nice that I no longer have to wonder when she was last changed and whether she could use a fresh diaper. She gives the signal and I change her diaper.

Today was church day (the highlight of Flora's week) and when I picked Flora up from the nursery after church the nursery worker told me that she changed Flora's diaper "because she laid down on the floor and pointed at her diaper!" Oh dear! It's one thing to do this at home, but I find it very amusing that Flora assumes the diaper-changing position in public places with near strangers as well! Maybe we need to work on communicating her diaper needs verbally.....

Potty training is the answer!! I don't expect all of my problems to be solved when Flora is potty trained.....actually I expect to have to put out a little MORE effort. Rushing to the potty when Flora gives the signal....cleaning up accidents....more underwear to wash....wiping......keeping the potty chair clean, but all of these inconveniences will be balanced by the extra $40 a month that we will save by NOT buying diapers for Flora.

Get ready, Scout.....you're next!

No comments: