Saturday, April 18, 2009

Flora "au natural"

I've tried keeping a journal and it's just not working out for me. Writing seems so slooooow compared to typing....I wonder when that happened? Anyway, I know that I will regret it if I don't have some written record of these fun, challenging, exciting, scary years of being a *new* mom. As witty and poignant as they always are, I don't think my Facebook status updates are going to mean much to me in years to come.

Today is a good day to start a blog because a really funny thing happened this morning! I heard Flora stirring in her bed and went in to get her up for the day. I opened the door to find a completely naked little girl in place of the fully clothed, diapered little girl that I had put to bed the night before. I laughed. She giggled. We both thought, "This is going to be a good day."

Apparently, Flora thinks it is fun to be naked, because she did NOT want to put her clothes on. Well, okay. That's not a battle that I feel up to fighting before my morning caffeine. So, Flora spent the morning running around in her birthday suit and even stood in front of the front window for a while so the neighbors could see her cute little tush.

Eventually she decided it was time to get dressed. She is napping now---fully clothed the last time I checked---but we'll see how long that lasts!

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

"I laughed. She giggled. We both thought, 'This is going to be a good day.'"

LOL It's nice when you have the same sense of humor as your 18-month-old!! :)