Sunday, August 8, 2010

riding to church with Jesus

Poppy and Gigi (aka my parents) came up for a short visit this weekend. Short, but intense. It was crammed full of quality Flora and Scout time (off-topic but interesting --> I realized this is a benefit of having a smallish house -- no where to run, no where to hide -- visitors are forced to hang out in our one family room and interact!).

But anyway, Flora and Scout were spoiled with attention for most of the day Saturday, so when Poppy and Gigi rode in their own van to church Sunday morning, Flora asked where they were. I told her they were riding in their van so they could follow us to church. She looked sad and said, "But no one here to look at us?" Haha---THAT is the result of being the only grandchildren on my side of the family. Flora just assumes that Poppy's and Gigi's sole purpose on this earth is to pay attention to her and Scout.

So I laughed and confirmed that no one was in the van to look at her. She was quiet for a minute and then she informed me, "but Jesus ride with us."

No comments: