Wednesday, October 6, 2010

cola . . . not crack

Let me start by saying that overall I think things are going very well. Timber is an easy baby and Flora and Scout are usually easy to handle too. Of course, some days are just worse than others . . .

I was summoned out of bed at 8am today. I know that's nothing to complain about, but Chris put a new fluffy mattress pad on our bed last night so it was really hard to force myself out of bed today. Within 15 minutes of waking up, Flora had already served a time-out for hitting Scout and Scout had already suffered a bloody lip from falling into the back of the couch. I wasn't even halfway through my morning Coke and already thinking this was going to be a bad day. In fact, I decided that today was going to require more energy than my daily Coke could provide so I made it a two-Coke morning. Thankfully, Timber likes to sleep, so he was sleeping peacefully through all the morning commotion and didn't require any of my attention.

Somehow, despite the bad attitudes and injuries, everyone managed to get dressed and fed in time for Sesame Street. Elmo is magical. He seriously has some kind of special power over toddlers. Once Elmo settled everyone down, the day got easier. Flora and Scout have been playing together nicely for the past couple of hours and after being awake for a nice long stretch, Timber is back asleep. Now I'd better stop writing and start fixing some lunch because there's nothing more dangerous than a hungry toddler. Also, I smell a stinky diaper and, unfortunately, I'm the only one here qualified to take care of a situation like that. Although now that Flora is three, maybe she could learn to change Scout's diapers??? No . . . that must be the extra Coke talking.

No comments: