Tuesday, September 28, 2010

postpartum

I desperately need to clip my nails and pluck my eyebrows but I cannot imagine when I will ever have time to take care of these issues. Do you have any idea how time-consuming a newborn is?? They sleep CONSTANTLY and the only thing you can really do with a sleeping newborn is stare at him, so there goes 20 hours of my day. Then, if he's not sleeping he's either eating or pooping which both require me to play an active role. So, basically, my day is completely full . . . and I'm still supposed to fit in time to turn on Dora and open up a Lunchable for the non-newborns in the house. Unfortunately, that is what my parenting skills have been reduced to in this postpartum period. It's okay though -- I'll get this Mommy-of-three thing figured out, but I'm not in any hurry to reach supermom status. We'll all just take it easy for a few weeks and get to know our new baby. Eventually, I'll be motivated to reintroduce healthy habits like brushing teeth and eating vegetables and not watching tv all day, but I'm also convinced that a stressed-out Mommy would be more detrimental to everyone's health than a cavity or two. Although I really don't want to deal with cavities . . . maybe we will resume brushing teeth next week.

No comments: