Wednesday, September 15, 2010

babybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybaby
pregnantpregnantpregnantpregnantpregnantpregnantpregnant
babybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybaby
laborlaborlaborlaborlaborlaborlaborlaborlaborlaborlaborlabor
babybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybaby

I obsessed these days and my pregnancy books say hormones are to blame. Hormones are also to blame for what Chris and I have been calling my "pregnancy brain." I am so forgetful and absentminded! If this is what the 3rd pregnancy does to a person, then I seriously wonder about the mental state of people who have 10, 12, or 19 kids! :-)

Here are some examples of my pregnancy brain moments:

After 6 years of using the same shower, I turned the knob the wrong way and got colder water instead of hotter water.

I changed the sheets on Flora's bed after doing laundry and then immediately began looking for the clean sheets to put on her bed. I searched her room, searched the rest of the house, and even asked the kids if they had hidden them somewhere. I finally returned to Flora's room to begin my search again and saw the freshly washed sheets already on her bed.

I accused Chris of forgetting to turn the oven off after taking the waffle fries out. He informed me that I was the one who had taken the fries out of the oven. Also on waffle fry night, I pulled the fries out of the oven, flipped them over, and asked Chris how long I needed to put them back into the oven. He told me 12 minutes and then gave me a funny look and said, "You know you just asked me that a minute ago, right?" No, I didn't know I had asked him that. I didn't remember asking the question or hearing the answer the first time.

On a trip to Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead, I realized that I had not buckled Flora into her carseat! I had to pull over on the Interstate to buckle her after we had already been traveling for 15 minutes.

I purchased a HUGE bottle of lotion in a scent that I loved only to discover at home that it wasn't lotion, but hair conditioner. I'm glad my hair smells nice, but I really wish I could find some lotion that smells so good!

Overall, I think I'm doing okay. The kids get fed every day and I haven't forgotten to pay any bills yet. I'm hoping that some of my brain function returns after delivery, but my mom-friends warn me that it won't. I guess that's just more support for our decision that there will be no B4.

No comments: