Thursday, September 16, 2010

(eviction notice)

Dear Baby --

The floors are swept, the rugs are clean, bedrooms and bathrooms are picked up, dishes are put away, laundry is done, groceries are bought, bills are paid, cars are full of gas, fantasy football lineups are set, my phone is charged, the camera battery is charged, and the lawn is mowed . . . I think it's time. I really appreciate you hanging out in-utero long enough for me to get my to-do list done, but if you don't come quickly my to-do list will become a to-redo list.

Flora and Scout are excited to meet you and you will have so much fun watching their little faces as you hear their little voices. I know you've been hearing their voices for a while now, but I promise the whining and crying and yelling is much easier to tolerate when you see how cute they look while they're doing it. Also, when you are a "real" baby and not just "the baby in Mommy's tummy" I will be able to enforce the no-sitting-on-your-baby-brother rule. As uncomfortable as it must be for you to have a toddler sitting on your bum, it is actually much MORE uncomfortable for ME to have a toddler sitting on your bum.

Daddy and I are excited to meet you too. We have a little bed for you in our room and the car seat is ready and waiting. Waiting . . . for YOU. We even bought some sparkling peach juice today to celebrate your arrival. It looks yummy and I really want to try it soon, so maybe you could hurry up just a bit?

If it's the name thing that's giving you some hesitation, then don't worry about that. Your Daddy and I have been through this with your sister and it all worked out just fine. We've talked about a LOT of names in the past couple of weeks and there are many that we like, so I'm sure we'll be able to choose the right one when we meet you. However, we DO need to MEET YOU before we will know what to name you, so . . . yeah . . . let's get this party started.

Looking forward to meeting you in person. It's hard to get to know someone when they are living inside your uterus.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: