Sunday, September 19, 2010

my due date

Today is my due date. I know and you know that only 5% of babies are born on their due dates, but I was REALLY hoping that this baby would arrive on the early side of the due date rather than the late side. It's official now, though, this baby will NOT be early. He'll either defy the odds and be extremely punctual or be late. Since today is half over already, I'm guessing we have a late arrival coming.

My clothing situation is getting desperate. I only own three shirts that still cover my belly -- two pink and one blue. I'm getting really tired of wearing them. Also, I only wear them when I leave the house so if you stop by unexpectedly please be polite enough to avoid staring at the bit o' belly hanging out from under my shirt.

So, how should I celebrate this momentous day? Well, this morning I woke up earlier than usual with Scout, fed the kids breakfast and got them dressed, and then sent them off to church with Chris. Once they were all gone, I went back to sleep for a couple of hours and then indulged in all the Fruity Pebbles I wanted to eat. I say indulged because eating Fruity Pebbles usually means SHARING Fruity Pebbles with the two little mouths that constantly hover over my bowl. It just felt indulgent to eat Fruity Pebbles all by myself.

I had intended to clean and organize Flora's closet while everyone was gone, but now it is almost noon and they'll all be home soon. I suppose I should start thinking about what they will eat for lunch once they arrive. I'm REALLY looking forward to my mom being here for a while -- I think I will put her entirely responsible for feeding Flora and Scout. It's probably my least favorite Mommy-duty.

Today is also FOOTBALL DAY though, so that should keep my mind off all the contractions that I'm not having.

No comments: