Thursday, August 18, 2011

good things

Yesterday afternoon was baaaaaaaad.  Flora was a sweetheart but Scout and Timber were just awful.  Granted, Timber is teething and Scout skipped his nap so they both had reasons for being so grumpy but that doesn't make it any more pleasant.  So that was bad.  Now here are some good things I'm choosing to focus on instead:

1.  Scout is potty trained!  Yay!  He is staying dry all night too although I still put him in pull-ups at night because it seems weird to put Flora in a pull-up and not Scout (she still has nighttime accidents about once a week).  Scout was so easy.  I've always heard boys are harder to potty train than girls but I feel like I didn't do any work at all with Scout.  One day he decided he was going to go in the potty and that was that.  Two down, one to go!  That's exciting! 

2.  Our backyard is so shady!  I love it that the kids can play outside without being in the direct sunlight.  The deck is sunny and there are a couple of sunny patches in the yard but for the most part it is shady all day.  I never realized how awesome it was until I had kids. 

3.  Timber is walking!  He still falls a lot but he's working so hard at it.  Occasionally he can make it all the way across the room without falling.  And it's obviously how proud he is of himself!  He's also eating pretty much everything now.  He loves food and I love that he's not a picky eater. 

4.  Flora has little friends!  There are two sweet little girls across the street who always ask if Flora can come out and play.  That's so funny to me!  I didn't think I would be hearing that this early.  The girls are 11-yrs-old and 6-years-old so Flora is like a little doll to them.  They are very good with her and Flora absolutely loves the attention.  Last night she was SO excited to "go play with my friends" and she told me that after I walked her across the street she didn't need me there anymore.  "You just go back home, Mommy, while I stay and play with my friends."  Wow--didn't think I would be hearing THAT this early either!  So Timber and I sit on the front porch and watch her play across the street.  It's just so darn cute. 

5.  It's almost Friday!  Friday is my new favorite day of the week because of my totally super awesome husband.  Friday mornings are officially my morning off.  I can do whatever I want until 1pm!!  And the best part is that I don't have to cram everything I want to do into one Friday morning because I know I will have free time every Friday.  Last week I slept in late and then went shopping while Chris took all three kids out for bagels at Einstein Bros and to Cabelas.  I'm still trying to decide what I will do tomorrow.  Ah.....knowing that I can sleep in late on Friday is what gets me out of bed some mornings! 

No comments: