Saturday, August 20, 2011

i'm sad.....but i've still got funny stories

I'm feeling melancholy tonight because I just watched the series finale of a great show on Netflix.  I'm not going to tell you which show.....it's embarrassing......but it was SO GOOD!  Some of you might think you know what show I'm talking about but, trust me, you don't.  No one knows I watch this show.  Except Chris.....but he's not telling.

But you know how it is when a favorite show ends.  I feel like I have walked through so much with these people.....I've watched them grow up......they've entertained me through MANY of the nights that Chris doesn't get home until after 10pm.....and so I'm a little bit sad.  I know it's pathetic -- seriously, I KNOW it is -- but there ya go.  I'm pathetic.  And a little bit sad.

So now we're all sad.  But good news!!!  I have a funny story to cheer us all up!!  A few days ago, Scout was pretending to be "Mommy" to his squirrel.  It's pointless to suggest he be the "Daddy" instead -- if he wants to be the Mommy he's going to be the Mommy.  Whatever.  So anyway, he comes into the kitchen and tells me that he is the squirrel's Mommy and he is going to feed it now.  I had a pretty good idea of how he is going to "feed" his squirrel and, sure enough, when I walked into the living room he was sitting on the couch holding his squirrel in a classic breastfeeding position.  Smirking, I walked back into the kitchen and told Chris to go look at his son.  Chris walks into the living room, sees what Scout is doing, and nonchalantly says, "Scout, you have to lift your shirt up for the squirrel to be able to eat" and walks back into the kitchen.  Ah, I thought I was going to get him good but he totally turned it around on me!   

And one more story that I just remembered.....
Flora likes to rhyme things these days.  She's always coming up with things that rhyme and every time it's like she's discovered gold.  She's pretty good at rhyming now but every once in a while she gets stumped.  Today she decided to make a rhyme with Timber's name.  She walked around the house muttering to herself, "Timber shower?  Timber tree?  Timber water?  Water Timber?"  She went on and on but I couldn't hear most of what she was saying.  It was funny to hear the things she was trying to rhyme with Timber!  Eventually she had to ask for help and we decided that Timber could rhyme with 'member (as in remember).  'Member Timber?  :-)

No comments: