Thursday, August 25, 2011

walking

I took the kids on a walk tonight through the neighborhood.  Timber was in the little umbrella stroller and Flora and Scout were walking.  They are good walkers.  They stay near me and are very good about holding onto the stroller handles when a car passes by.  I like walking with them.  *smiley face*

We walked past a house that had Apple-Bottom Jeans blaring from the garage.  (If you don't know the song, just imagine a pop-ish/rap-ish/club-ish song.)  When Flora heard the music she totally started breaking it down right there on the sidewalk!  She was movin' and groovin' her little bum and waving her hands around!  It was really pretty hilarious!  And she acted like she wasn't doing anything unusual.  I don't even know where she learned those moves!

I don't know how many cars and trucks we passed on our walk but Scout didn't comment on any of them.....until we walked past an old maroon Buick LeSabre with peeling paint.  "Oh, wow, Mommy," Scout said, "that's a cool car."  "I like that car, Mommy.  That car is very, very cool."  Puzzled, I asked him why that car was so cool.  "Because," he said, "it has a K on the back."  Ah yes, a K can even make a Buick cool in Scout's eyes.

No comments: