Wednesday, April 20, 2011

breakthrough

All of my kids are sleeping and all I want to do is wake them up.  Generally, I have a rule that nappers must wake up at 4pm in order to preserve our precious 8pm bedtime, but today is different.  Today we had a naptime breakthrough.  Flora and Scout became roommates on Saturday and have giggled their way through naptime every day since without ever closing their eyes for a midday slumber.  But today the talking, giggling, and playing noises mysteriously subsided at about 3:50pm.  At 4:10, I opened their bedroom door to find Scout and Flora both asleep in Flora's bed.....and a trashed room, of course. 

 I have to give them credit though -- they have emptied Scout's closet several times but after watching me put everything neatly back into the closet today and being sternly warned not to mess it up again, they managed to make it through naptime without taking a single item of clothing out of the closet.....although the closet door was open when I went check on them after 4pm.  I can just imagine the temptation they must have felt staring at that closet full of clothes just asking to be ransacked.  Bravo, kids!  Way to be responsible nappers. 

So now I am trying to decide how long to let this nap last.  Timber is awake now and, OH! now Flora is awake too.  Good.....I'll send her in to wake up Scout and let her face his post-nap wrath.  Funny story -- Flora came into the living room, looked around, and then asked me where Scout was, even though she had to have crawled over him to get out of bed. 

 
Another funny story -- Flora was sitting next to me on the couch just crying for no reason (well, the "reason" was because she wanted to watch tv and I said no and she's just grumpy after she wakes up sometimes).  During a particularly long wail, Timber let out a loud burp and Flora's cry turned into uncontrollable giggling.  She then tried to resume crying and couldn't keep it up without crossing over to giggling.  Good to remember if you've got an unreasonable wailer.....a loud burp goes a long way.

Everyone is awake now!  Hooray!  
Haha...Timber is the only one who really looks happy to be awake.

 

No comments: