Thursday, August 16, 2012

a good brother

Scout's spontaneous prayer this morning:

"Dear Jesus, thank you for Flora to have a good day at school today.  Thank you for me to be a good brother.  Thank you for making us better and giving us good food to eat and for a good day.  Jesus, you're the best!  Amen."

I don't know what prompted him to start praying.  I said, "I need to go get ready" and he squinted his eyes shut and clasped his hands and started praying.  He was really cute on Tuesday while Flora was at her first day of school.  Throughout the day he would spontaneously say, "I think Flora is having fun at her new school" or "I think Flora will like her new school."  He was obviously thinking of her.  Yesterday they pushed their two twin beds together and declared that they would be sleeping like that from now on.  Such cute little friends!