Wednesday, August 15, 2012

things to remember

The kids used to devour any fruits I put on their plates but lately they haven't been eating fruit very well.  Last night I tried a new approach.  Instead of making each child a plate I gave them each their individual bowls of lasagna but a made communal fruit and veggie plate to put in the middle of the table.  Will it work??  Will it??
It worked!!  They thought it was fun to share the plate and there was even some competition over who got the last strawberry.  In fact, Timber just saw the picture of the fruit plate on my computer and started asking for more.  Yay! 

Give a kid a map and send them to Pony Land!  Haha, the kids were talking about maps so I gave them each a map page out of an old atlas and sent them outside.  They studied their maps and slowly made their way to "Pony Land."  It was so funny eavesdropping on their map pretend play!