Tuesday, August 14, 2012

flora's first day of preschool


Flora woke up ready to go!  Preschool doesn't start until 9:30 though so she had to wait a while.
First Day of School tradition (starting today) -- Handprints and writing her own name.
First Day of School tradition (starting today) -- answer all of these "favorites" questions.
Picture with Daddy before going to school!
Supposed to be a pic with Mommy before going to school but the boys crashed our photo.
More pics before school.  Scout was so excited for Flora!
There's a picture with Mommy!
And a silly one for good measure!
Classic kid-on-front-step-with-backpack-and-lunchbox pose.  Can't believe she's old enough to do this already! 
Her backpack is huge.  She's supposed to take a sheet and blanket to school for naptime so it had to be big.  I guess she'll be able to use it in kindergarten next year.
This pose was her idea.  She positioned the lunchbox and backpack.  
I was really impressed with her lunchbox choice.  I thought we would come home with Dora or Hello Kitty.  I picked out the backpack though.  Last minute dash to Target last night when I realized that all of her stuff wasn't going to fit in the little Strawberry Shortcake backpack she already had.
Being so brave!  She was excited until she actually got into the classroom with all the kids and parents.  Then she was overwhelmed and "scared."  But she didn't cry!  That's better than I expected!
Flora and her teacher, Ms. Lyla.  Flora says she's "fancy" which is the highest compliment she knows how to give.
The boys and I went to Walmart after we dropped Flora off.  I told them they could pick out a "Happy First Day of School" present for Flora.  Scout's first choice was a can of diced rutabagas (not kidding!) . . . he did much better on his second attempt.  She's really into My Little Pony right now.
Hooray for smiles after school!!!  She said she had a good day and wants to go back!!  I'm SO glad!  She also told me that she cried in her pillow a little bit during naptime though. 
Very happy with her My Little Pony present!
 Uh....I forgot to turn this before I uploaded it.  I think it will be easier for you to turn your head than for me to go back and upload it again.  :-)
Playing with her new pony.
Yep, she's still my little girl. 















Thank you to everyone who said a prayer for us today.  Flora had a great day at school, the boys played together SO well all day, Timber napped in his toddler bed for the first time, and I even took a little nap while he was sleeping and Scout was busy playing on the Kindle.  Oh, and the boys did not ask to watch tv at all while Flora was gone.  I guess I know who the tv instigator is now!!