Wednesday, August 29, 2012

macaroni on my toes

Why haven't I been using my double stroller for the past two years???  Today we discovered that Flora, Scout, and Timber can all ride quite comfortably in the double stroller.  That means Mommy gets to exercise OUTSIDE!  Hooray!  And exercise I did!  That's 97 lbs of cuteness packed into that stroller.  Uphill or down, pushing these three through the neighborhoods was a real workout.  We went for a long walk this morning while it was still cool and then around the block a couple times this afternoon.  It was supposed to be an afternoon walk in which we ALL walked but ten yards down the sidewalk Scout decided he didn't want to walk.  So, we piled into the stroller again.

And then they decided to play dress-up this afternoon.  Our dress-up clothes collection is quite impressive thanks to a few hand-me-downs, a few good yard sales, and a 90% off Halloween costume sale at Target last year.  Money can't buy these expressions though!  


Ah, dinnertime -- possibly my least favorite hour of the day.  We were supposed to have grilled chicken but Chris got home later than he thought he would (and I don't do raw chicken) so I had to go to Plan B for the kids (the grown-ups will still have chicken later tonight).  Macaroni & Cheese to the rescue!  Except they didn't want to eat their macaroni.  I took a bite out of the pan to show them how good it was and suddenly they all wanted a bite of MY macaroni.  Finally I just sat down with the pan in my lap and let them eat all the macaroni they wanted. 
In the feeding frenzy that followed I ended up with macaroni on my toes and plenty of macaroni on the kitchen floor but their little bellies were full.  Not pretty, but effective.  Whatever works, right??