Thursday, May 14, 2009

6:30....no, thank you!!

I am not a fan of mornings. Well, that's not true. I am a fan of the kind of morning that begins after 8am. Flora woke up at 6:45 yesterday and 6:30 today.....ugh. Yesterday I tried to put her back to sleep in her own bed and did not succeed, so today I brought her into our bed. It was also time for Scout to eat, so......four Borkerts in the bed!! It was kinda fun.

Flora never did go to sleep, but for a few blissful moments she lay still and quiet, staring at Scout while he stared and cooed back at her. If I hadn't been so sleepy I would have tried to get the camera. I was very sleepy though.

Scout is getting very good with his hands. He has made Flora cry a couple of times when he gets a grip on her hair and won't let go. It's really cute how he reaches for her anytime she walks by him. I think she is starting to see him as a person now instead of just Mommy's baby.

So.....early morning blogging......I don't think I'll remember writing any of this. I guess I'll nap with Scout during Flora's naptime again today like I did yesterday. Naptime is usually productive time for me......but not when I get up at 6:30.

And, yes, I know that 6:30 is NOT early for some people. Just imagine your normal wake-up time pushed back a couple of hours with no warning. It's not nice.

No comments: