Monday, May 25, 2009

Zestfully......OWWWWW

Today's lesson: Zest is NOT a tear-free soap.

Flora and I were taking a shower this evening and I was letting her play with the Zest. She was rubbing it all over her feet and having a grand ol' time.......but then she rubbed her eyes. YIKES!! Both eyes!! That was about the time I realized that maybe playing with Zest was not a good idea. Oops.

I held my breath and waited, hoping that soap in the eyes wouldn't sting too badly, but after a few looooooong seconds passed the scream started. It started as a whine and, with hands flapping and feet stomping, gradually escalated to a full-blown screech. I picked her up and tried to wash all the soap off her hands and face, but when you are a 1 year-old the natural thing to do when your eyes sting is to rub them with your hands. So.....more ouch, more screech, more Mommy apologizing.

Flora held a grudge for a while after her shower, but Daddy eventually saved the day by kissing both eyes. Luckily, soap in the eyes is a temporary condition that is easily treated with kisses, cookies, cuddles, and some Baby Einstein puppets.

No comments: