Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Day Miracle

Mother's Day 2009 was a dream come true! Flora got up extra early, but instead of waking the rest of us she made a delicious breakfast of French toast and bacon and eggs. We all woke up to the smell of bacon frying. Lovely.

After breakfast in bed, I took a loooong shower and leisurely got ready for church. Flora changed her poopy diaper and then got Scout dressed for church. With the extra minutes I had before it was time to leave, I let Chris paint my toenails.

Church was excellent. My favorite part was when Scout stood up and shared all the reasons why his mom is better than any other mom. It was sweet. Flora expressed her love and appreciation for me with a lovely song that she wrote herself. It was beautiful. I think the other moms might have been a little jealous.

We arrived back at home just in time to catch the huge delivery of Mother's Day flowers and chocolates. While I took a moment to do absolutely nothing, Flora filled the bathtub and told me to have a long soak. She put herself down for her afternoon nap and Chris and Scout spent the time trying to see who could list more wonderful things about me. I think Chris won, but both lists were so long it's hard to remember.....

Dinner was delicious and Flora and Scout shared clean-up duty. They washed dishes while exchanging witty banter in the kitchen. Chris and I listened and laughed from the other room.

After the kids put themselves to bed (after sweet good-night kisses), Chris offered to give me a foot rub AND a shoulder rub while I read a good book and completely ignored him. It was wonderful.

Why can't everyday be Mother's Day??

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Wow, this makes me want to have kids of my own!

StephC said...

Aren't kids the greatest!