Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Visiting the Great-Grandparents

Flora and Scout went to visit Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa yesterday. Great-Grandpa is raising a baby goose, and Flora thought a baby goose (or a "duck!" to her) in the house was the coolest thing EVER! She got to pet it and listen to it make little tweeting noises the whole time. "Twitter" was his name! Great-Grandpa also brought in a bucket from his creek that had some fish in it. Flora did NOT want to pet the fish, but thought they were pretty darn cool from a distance.

Scout was not particularly interested in the wildlife. He did stare at little Twitter for a while, but once he realized that Mommy was not going to let him put the baby goose in his mouth, he lost interest. He WAS interested in planting huge slobbery kisses all over his Great-Grandma's face. Lots of slobber, lots of growling sounds, and lots of smiles from Scout. Great-Grandma enjoyed the attention and the loves, but maybe not the slobber.....

Today we went to Walmart and hope to go for a walk to the park this evening. At Walmart, Flora turned on Scout's music every time he started to fuss. What a good sister!

4 comments:

Sara K. said...

Oh, neato! I want to meet Twitter too!

StephC said...

Do you truely live in a magic kingdom? If so can we come visit cause if I were to write a blog it would seem down right icky sometimes. I like reading yours but it makes me wonder where did I go wrong?!
Steph

Anonymous said...

Stefanie said.....
Haha! Well Steph, my original goal when I was writing a handwritten journal was to write three good things about every day. Sometimes the days seemed so messy/stressful/pointless, but taking the time to think about the good things seemed to help. I guess that's why my blog is full of all the good stories. I'll try to throw an icky one in here for you sometime!!

And, YES, you can come visit anytime!!! But, NO, sadly it is not a magical kingdom.

Deb said...

Well, I think there is plenty of magic in that kingdom in Kansas City.