Monday, July 13, 2009

Flashback

Flora was 13 1/2 months old when Scout was born, so there were some really challenging times at the beginning. Honestly, the details of December and January have mysteriously disappeared from my memory, but I know it was cold outside and I was busy and tired inside. I wish I would have had a blog in those days, but at least I have tons of pictures!


There is one particularly LOL moment that stands out from the blur of diapers and feedings and baby cries. I don't remember the day or the circumstances, but I know that I was changing Scout's diaper when he was still very new. I finished with the diaper and was startled and pleasantly surprised to hear a soft "Yea!" and Flora's applause. It was unexpected and it made me laugh. It was exactly what I needed.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Every mom deserves a "hey" every time she changes a diaper. Also, make sure your blogs are saved somewhere; you're going to forget a lot more.

Deb said...

Every mom deserves a "yea" every time she changes a diaper. Also, make sure your blogs are saved somewhere; you're going to forget a lot more.

Deb said...

You might deserve a "hey" too, but a "yea" is better.