Monday, July 27, 2009

Little Grown-Ups

Today Flora put the laptop bag over her shoulder and her pink pony purse on her elbow, grabbed her "baby" with her free hand, kissed Scout on the head, told me bye-bye....... and asked for the keys.

Meanwhile, Scout was learning that if he climbs onto Flora's chair he can get up on the couch. He can't even walk and he's trying to climb onto the couch. I see a lot of bumps and bruises in his future.....at least Flora should be able to drive him to the emergency room if I'm busy.

In that last, horrible hour before bedtime, Flora turned into Miss Whiny-Pants and nearly drove me crazy. All was forgiven when I spied her and Scout lying on their stomachs with their heads together over a book. Flora was "reading" to Scout and pointing at the pictures saying, "Flo Flo" and "Scout." Too bad it was a My Little Pony book.....Scout might not appreciate being mistaken for Sparkleworks later in life.

1 comment:

rivertree said...

Just don't ever give her the keys. I have a feeling she'd take the car for a spin without a second thought.