Friday, July 31, 2009

Never Say Never

Things I never expected to do:

1. Hold a book in one hand and read to my toddler while using my other arm to deter my baby from joining his sister on the potty.

2. Give my toddler cookies as a bribe to be good and quiet in the store.

3. Clean poop out of the bathtub.

4. Get excited over the fact that my baby can go from a standing position to a sitting position without falling over.

5. Barney. Elmo. Dora.

6. Spend chunks of my day on the floor acting as a human jungle gym.

7. Read parenting magazines.

8. Memorize all of Sandra Boynton's books. My personal fav....But Not the Hippopotamus.

9. Actually consider homeschooling (for a very brief moment).

10. Count the hours until bedtime and then miss the little rascals once they are asleep.

2 comments:

the parishioner who doesn't do anything said...

You'd be good at homeschooling.

Chari Blankenship said...

Not the Hippopotomus is a favorite at the Blankenship house too! Love Sandra!