Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Who's the Boss?

Mama, sit!
Mama, read!
Mama, bite!
Mama, change diaper (or "chin di")!
Mama, outside!

She's a bossy little thing. Of course, being almost two WHOLE years old, each of these commands is promptly followed by a long, annoying "ehhhhhhhhhhhhh" if I don't obey immediately. Resistance is futile.

Of course I don't give in to every one of Flora's whims just to avoid the dreaded "ehhhhhhhhhhhh," but sometimes the temptation is just too strong and I cave.

"Sure, Flora. You can have eleven cookies before dinner, just stop making that noise!!!"

New mothers should be given earplugs at the hospital. Earplugs, kneepads, and a strong piece of leather to bite when the "ehhhhhhhhhhhhh's" get too unbearable.

Haha---I'm complaining, but she's really not so bad. I have a feeling that we are only experiencing the tip of the "ehhhhhhhhhhhh" iceberg right now. I've heard all the horror stories about the 2's and 3's.....

I'd better stock up on cookies.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Now I know what to register for when I have a baby — earplugs, kneepads, and leather!

the parishioner who doesn't do anything said...

My grandma had a cookie drawer (at kid level), and it was always full. I might have to think about where I'll put that.