Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 1 -- Dec 1st -- Reverb10

Sure, I'll hop on the reverb10 bandwagon! Everyone else is doing it, so . . . yeah, sign me up!

Basically, each day in December the reverb10 website ( http://www.reverb10.com/ ) provides a writing prompt to encourage bloggers to "reflect on this year and manifest what's next." I think it's a cool idea. I know I won't complete all 31 days (I'm already a day behind and I've just started!!), but hopefully it will cause me to blog more often.

Ready. Set. GO!

Day 1 -- Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

DONE. FINISHED. COMPLETE. Pick a word -- they all describe my feelings for 2010. Timber was born in September 2010 marking the end of my pregnant days. I don't know if anyone else can understand how I feel and it's hard to describe. Relief. Gratitude. Awe. Blessed. Happy. We are officially done with a distinct time in our lives. The babies are born -- now we can focus on raising three great kids. I am just so thankful that we were given three healthy pregnancies and three healthy babies. I have watched so many friends go through heartbreaking experiences with their pregnancies or newborns this year that I find myself feeling overwhelmingly thankful and relieved to have been spared such painful situations. Life is good and God is good and I hope that I would say the same things if this year had been marked by tragedy for us rather than joy.

ONWARD. BEGINNINGS. CHANGE. TRUST. I know for certain that 2011 will be a year of joy and laughter. I know it will be full of joy and laughter because we will choose to be joyful and keep a sense of humor in all situations. Beyond that, I am very uncertain what 2011 will hold. It will be a year of moving on from the pregnancy/newborn years and focusing on something other than growing a baby. Seriously -- I feel like I have been consumed with pregnancy for the past four years -- I'm excited about moving on with my life. I think 2011 will be a year of big changes for us as a family. I'm not sure what those changes will look like, but a year from now I want to look back on 2011 and see a pattern of trust. Trusting God to know what is best for us and hold us in all circumstances. Trusting each other to know the will of God. Trusting my own abilities to respond to change with confidence and excitement.

So, there you go. Obviously, I'm either not good at following instructions or blatantly rebelling against the direction to choose "one word" to summarize 2010 and mark 2011. I'll let you decide which it is. :-)

No comments: