Friday, December 3, 2010

the rules

Chris says I should turn the comments feature back on for the blog. I guess I will . . . I usually do what he tells me to do.

HOWEVER, there will be some ground rules for leaving comments:

1. NO parenting advice. I know that sounds horrible, but I just really don't want to read advice on my blog. You are more than welcome to send me an email or facebook message me with all the advice you care to give.

2. NO "you're doing a good job" comments. Some of my posts are laments on my failures as a parent but they are written to be funny, not to elicit encouraging comments.

3. NO anonymous comments. Those are just annoying. I refuse to read or acknowledge anonymous comments.

4. NO questions. I don't like commenting on my own blog to answer a question. Again, you are welcome to email or message me with questions.

5. NO profanity. Ok, I really just added this one because I felt like I needed a 5th rule . . . if you feel that a particular profane word is appropriate for your comment then go for it. I won't judge and I might even laugh! There ARE a few words that will get your comment deleted though . . . and no, I'm not going to list those words!

If you have a comment that doesn't break any of the rules, GO FOR IT! I'm not expecting many though . . . people generally don't like to refer to a list of rules before they write a comment.

In the past, the comments feature has not allowed certain people to comment. I tried to fix it but decided it was easier to just disable the comments feature altogether. If you still can't comment then I'm sorry. Life will probably go on.

Wow, this all sounds very rude. I guess that's just the mood I'm in today. Maybe I'll post a nicer version of "the rules" on another day.