Monday, December 6, 2010

i think i win

Day 6. Make. What was the last thing you made?

Well, this writing prompt brings up a sore subject for me. I'm not crafty. I think I could be but "making things" has never been high on my priority list. I enjoy it when I'm forced to do it.....but I rarely set out to create something just for creativity's sake. However, I recently realized that I need to do more crafty things with the kids, so we've had a somewhat craftier Fall than usual.

We made a turkey and a turkey-feather-flower. It was supposed to be two turkeys but Scout tore up his turkey's body while I was helping Flora with her feathers. Timber really enjoyed staring at their artwork while getting his diaper changed!


We also made little felt Santa and penguin ornaments! I would love to take credit for these but they were a kit at Target for $5. So easy and so cute!

We also made spiders for Halloween, but I didn't get a pic of those. They were destroyed pretty quickly.

Flora chose to exercise her creative muscles by drawing a family portrait on her wall during naptime. I tried to edit the pic some to make the crayon more visible. There are two big people near the top (Chris & me), two little people holding hands in the middle (Flora & Scout), and one itty-bitty bean-like person in the bottom left corner (Timber). Crayons are no longer allowed off the kitchen table.


Chris created a beautiful water feature and herb garden on our back deck. It's amazing what an improvement this is over what was previously in these spaces.


And I made a baby this year. Pretty crafty of me, huh??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should probably do crafts together more often…just a little advice. But I think you’re doing a great job and everything! I disagree with you about those Target ornament kits - they are not easy. They are so d@*% hard! Are you all ready for Christmas??

-Anonymous

(Your neighbor across the street has always been quite the rule-breaker…haha!). ;)

rivertree said...

You've made more crafts this fall than I have all year. YOU should be the one in this business...

Chris Borkert said...

Please don't post any current pics of our back deck.