Sunday, December 5, 2010

reverb revamped

Ok, I enjoyed my reverb10 posts but this blog is supposed to be about the kids. Soooo, I've decided to continue following the reverb10 prompts but write my responses from the kids' perspectives! We'll see how it goes.....

Day 3. Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year.

Flora might have felt most alive while playing in a pile of dirt in our backyard earlier this Fall. She spent almost an hour lost in her own little world finding acorns and burying them in a big hole in the dirt pile. Once I observed her lounging in the dirt pile staring at the blue sky and I wondered what she was thinking. It was probably her own little version of LIFE IS GOOD.

Scout must have felt most alive when he learned to jump. Scout is a jumper. He jumps off the ground, he jumps off the fireplace hearth, he jumps off the chair, and he jumps off his daddy's belly. Jumping is obviously something that gives him great pleasure. He had to watch Flora jump off the hearth for several months before he was finally big enough to try it....or before his mommy thought he was big enough to try it! I needn't have worried -- he's a jumping pro!

Timber probably felt most alive when he was born. Just a guess....although it could have been the first time he opened his eyes to view his dark little world or the first sounds he heard with his newly formed ears. Maybe it was the first time he saw his mommy's face or finally managed to get his hands into his little mouth or smiled back at Flora and Scout. Timber is probably acutely aware of being alive every second. It's all still so new to him and there's so much to figure out.

Day 4. Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

Well, this prompt is kind of silly --- when you are 3-years-old, 2-years-old, and brand spankin' new a sense of wonder does not have to be cultivated. I have found MY sense of wonder heightened just from spending my days with them!

Day 5. Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year?

Flora let go of her pacifier and her diapers! Hooray!

Scout let go of his crib and his fear of strangers.

Timber let go of his perfect little home to come live with us in our not-so-perfect little home.

And Chris and I let go of Toby. We still remember him fondly from time to time. He was a good dog but we were not good dog owners. He's happier now, I'm sure. Dogs do the tough work of preparing a young couple for the responsibility of children and then they get replaced by children in the hearts of their owners. It's very sad. Poor dogs.....it's a good thing they're just dogs so they don't really care.

Rule #6 for posting comments: NO disagreeing with me! This means no "dogs have feelings too" comments allowed here.

4 comments:

the parishioner who doesn't do anything said...

Now, since this blog is of the children, am I allowed to direct my comments to them? Just checking on all these RULES! BUT, I do appreciate access because I might have been one of those you would have blocked.

Children, I cannot wait to see you in 10 days! The train is sitting under the Christmas tree waiting for Flora, Scout, Timber, Callie, and Ellie to come watch him. And as for Toby, I see another dog dropping to animal status in about 3 months.

(I've reviewed the rules and think I'm within the guidelines. Someone had to be brave enough to leave a comment first, but I promise not to comment very often.)

The Bishop's Wife said...

Testing. testing. 1, 2, 3..testing.

The Bishop's Wife said...

Holy SMOKES. I can finally post on your blog!!! yesterday, I tried, and I couldn't..even though you unblocked comments. Well, I don't have much to say.

Stefanie said...

Actually, Debbie, your first sentence broke rule #4. I'll let it slide this time. :-)

And Mel -- I figured out that it was a flaw in the template I was using. Switching to a new template seems to have solved the problem.

And now I've broken my own rule about not commenting on my own blog....oh well. Rules are made to be broken, right? :-)