Thursday, December 2, 2010

no way, jose!

Reverb10 Day 2
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! At this moment I am simultaneously blogging, holding Timber, fixing dinner for the kids, breaking up an argument over a school bus, changing a diaper, and softening cream cheese. Ok, not exactly simultaneously, but very nearly. I have also typed all of the previous blog post and most of this post one-handed (as the other hand is occupied holding Timber). It's bringing back memories of typing papers for my Masters classes one-handed while holding a baby Scout in the other arm. I often wondered if I was the only person voluntarily achieving a Masters degree one-handed. Actually, the only reason I am able to blog at all tonight is because Chris left his laptop here while he went hunting! It seems that when I WANT to write there is very little that will deter me. Since the content of my blogs is usually kids/chores/diapers/daily life, I would argue that everything contributes to my writing . . . or maybe nothing does but I write about everything anyway. :-)
I suppose all the other things I do on the computer BESIDES blogging don't contribute to my writing, but can I eliminate those things? Maybe. Do I want to eliminate those things? Nope. I don't need to write that desperately.

No comments: