Thursday, December 2, 2010

diapers. part ii.

In response to the overwhelming number of emails asking me to write MORE about diapers, I am now prepared to offer my latest opinion on the current state of the diaper situation in America.

No, actually no one has asked me to write about diapers again, but I'm going to anyway. There are things that need to be said. If you need a refresher course on my opinion of the various diaper brands available, you can read my first diaper blog here.

One thing remains the same: Pampers is the best. As far as I have seen, there is absolutely no other diaper brand that comes close to matching the quality of Pampers diapers.

I was recently VERY disappointed by LUVS diapers. I was a loyal LUVS user for a couple years but a couple months ago I purchased a package of LUVS and was disappointed to find that they had changed their diapers. They were no longer my not-as-good-as-Pampers-but-very-close LUVS. After using a few of the newly designed diapers, I realized that they were now not-as-good-as-Pampers-and-only-barely-better-than-generic LUVS. I felt betrayed. I felt embarrassed! After all, I had only recently sung their praises in my blog! How dare they lessen their quality with not so much as a warning!

So, I'm done with LUVS. At least for a while . . . I may give them a second chance eventually, but for now I am a Pampers mom. They cost more, but they make me happy. And they keep the poop in the diaper, which makes everyone happy.

Our recent Thanksgiving guests arrived with two large boxes of diapers (a sure way to ensure a warm welcome at our house!). A question from my dad about how long a box of diapers lasted in our house prompted me to pull out the ol' calculator and figure out an exact answer to his question. Timber goes through approximately eight diapers a day. Some days are slightly more or less, but I think eight is a good average. Timber's box of diapers contains 174 diapers which means that the huge box of diapers will last approximately 22 days. Scout only uses 3-4 diapers per day, so his box of 156 diapers will last somewhere between 40-50 days! Woohoo!

No comments: