Tuesday, July 19, 2011

toilet games

We went to a water playdate this morning (you know you're jealous!) and the kids just wore their wet clothes home.  Once home, Flora changed into dry clothes and I found the top of her swimsuit but not the bottoms.  Here is the following conversation:

Me:  Flora, where did you put your swimsuit bottoms?
Flora:  In the toilet
Me:  (helping Scout on the potty and not giving much thought to her answer)  Where?
Flora:  In the toilet
Me:  (finish helping Scout and check the other toilet hoping hoping HOPING that I wouldn't have to dig a swimsuit out of it  -- WHEW, no swimsuit in either toilet -- back to the living room to get to the bottom of this)  Flora, WHERE did you put your swimsuit bottoms?
Flora:  In the toilet
Me:  I just checked the toilets and I didn't see any swimsuits.
Flora:  Because I flushed it.  I just flushed it down.
Me:  (shocked, incredulous, getting frustrated)  What!??  Flora!!  WHY did you flush it down the toilet???
Flora:  I just didn't like it anymore so I flushed it.
Me:  Flora, we do NOT flush things down the toilet just because we d---   (stop my lecture as I notice her swimsuit bottoms in the toybox next to where she is standing)
Flora:  (notices that I have figured out her little game)  *grins*

That sneaky little girl!  She held her poker face the entire time!  I must admit that I was quite proud of her in that moment.  She really got me good. 

No comments: