Wednesday, February 23, 2011

bragging....because it's my blog and i can

Can I brag for a minute?

"Why, YES, Stefanie! We LOVE it when you brag!"

Great!

Today I feel like bragging on two people. There are many other people who deserve to be bragged on, but my time is limited. I can't brag on EVERYONE in one blog post, after all.

First, I would like to brag on Scout. Scout is completely obsessed with letters. It's really no surprise as there are letters on the refrigerator, letters in the bathtub, an alphabet puzzle, fabric letters, stacking letters, alphabet games on the computer, and alphabet books. He can identify all the letters and tell me the sounds that most of the letters make. I think he may even know more letter sounds than Flora at this point even though she's the one that I've been trying to teach. I am completely amazed that he knows all this since I've never actively taught him any letter sounds. He's like a little sponge. It makes me wonder if maybe kids should be learning these things much younger than they are. Scout also has a favorite letter. His favorite letter is K. I don't know why a little boy needs a favorite letter or what makes the letter K so much better than the other letters, but it's a clear favorite of Scout's.









Next, I would like to brag on my "little" brother, Shane. He is a sophomore starting on the varsity basketball team in Siloam Springs. I got to watch him play for the first time this season last weekend. He played well in those games, but last night (at the game I was NOT at -- thanks, Shane) he scored 17 points in a huge win over Alma. Last time they played, Alma beat Siloam Springs by 37 points but this time Siloam managed to win by 3. Not only did he have a super game, but his facebook status after the game was "Thank you Jesus!" So.....he's a good athlete and a good Christian, he makes good grades and is nice to his family.....could he possibly be good at anything else? YES! He's a good uncle! Flora and Scout love Shane and I'm sure Timber will love him too! The only negative thing I can say about Shane is that he refuses to let me cut his hair. I like the shaggy look, but it's been that way for SO long. I just think it's time for a change. And also I like talking people into things and he's being stubborn--he and Sara are a lot alike that way.
Just think about it, Shane. I'll be down there again this summer.....summer would be a great time for a new short hairdo!

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Yes, I started coloring in a coloring book with Scout, but that quickly turned into him requesting me to write the letter K multiple times on every page in different colors. Occasionally he wanted an R, but I think that's just because they almost look like a K.

In those hairdo pictures you posted on fb I realized how much Shane and I look alike. So it only makes sense that he shares my stubbornness, too. If he won't let us cut his hair, maybe he'll let us dye it...