Monday, February 28, 2011

♥~*Fancy Flora *♥* Fancy Nancy*~♥

Flora and I went to the Folly Theater today to see Duck for President and Other Stories. The Folly Theater website describes the production as "An all-new musical revue featuring mini-musicals based on best-selling children’s books: Fancy Nancy, Duck for President, Babymouse: The Musical, I Have To Go!, Leonardo, the Terrible Monster, and Pirates Don't Change Diapers!"
We were there to see Fancy Nancy, of course, although we did read the other books ahead of time so Flora would be familiar with the stories. I was extremely impressed with the quality of the performance. The costumes and set were very simple but the performers were all excellent vocalists and dancers. I really enjoyed the show!

So, anyway, here's how our first trip to the theater went:

7:45am -- Wake up and get ready
8:00am -- Wake up Flora and make her fancy
8:25am -- Feed Timber
8:40am -- Leave for our Mommy-Daughter date!
9:00am -- Arrive at Folly Theater
9:15am -- Finally find a place to park (illegally)
9:40am -- Performance begins!
10:45am -- Performance ends!
11:00am -- No parking ticket!!! Hooray!
11:15am -- Get lunch at Mr. Goodcents with Flora
11:30am -- Arrive home at the same time as Chris, Scout, and Timber (they did our weekly Walmart shopping!)

Flora was fancy. She wore a dress, a "pearl" necklace, and fancy white gloves. Unfortunately, she decided that her hair was fancier left down instead of being put up in a ponytail or a braid. It bugs me when it's down but it was HER fancy day, so I let her wear it down in her face.
She's not miserable. I promise. I wanted to post this picture because it shows her fancy dress, fancy pearl necklace, fancy gloves, and Fancy Nancy.
See, she's happy! She thought it was very fun that there were so many other kids there. She enjoyed watching them before the show began.
My little lady

She wasn't superexcited about the musical while it was being performed but she also wasn't as scared as I thought she might be. She spent most of the time staring at the stage with her eyes and mouth wide open. Occasionally she would curl up in her seat and not watch for a minute but then there were also moments in which she smiled and laughed at the silly performances. I was worried that she would not like it at all, so I was thrilled that she seemed to enjoy most of it.
Fancy Flora and Fancy Nancy


Freaky Flora and Fancy Nancy

As we were driving home, Flora told me, "Mommy, I love musicals!" Yea!!

Flora looking fancy and Mommy looking frumpy. Hopefully we will have many more Mommy-Daughter dates and we'll get a better picture together!

No comments: