Thursday, February 3, 2011

timber's head

an update.....for those who care.....

So, I used the prescription shampoo the doctor gave us and Timber's cradle cap cleared up right away. Hooray! I'm not going to lie, it was almost strange to see him with a normal-looking scalp. However, the party didn't last long. After a few good days it came back again. Boo. I am going to keep using the shampoo for another week or two but might use it more often. The bottle says to use it twice a week, which is what I've been doing, but the doc said I could use it every other day, which is what I will start doing. Anyway, if the shampoo doesn't work, then I'm supposed to switch to a prescription hydrocortisone cream. If the shampoo doesn't work and the cream does, then it is probably eczema instead of cradle cap. That wouldn't be horrible news, but it would be a more complicated scenario than if it was just cradle cap. I just keep thinking that if he would grow some HAIR this would all go away! At least I wouldn't be able to see it!! Actually it doesn't look horrible and I wouldn't be bothered by it at all except that it is very itchy. He scratches at it a lot and I feel bad for him. If I don't stay on top of his nails then he ends up with scratch marks all over his head. Poor guy.

That's all I have for now. It's not a big deal or anything -- it's just what's going on with Timber right now. I didn't have any cute stories to write about today, so you're stuck with itchy scalp stories. Sorry! I'll try to get the kids to do something blogworthy tomorrow. :-)

No comments: