Saturday, February 26, 2011

timber's big day

Yesterday was a big day for little Timber.

Food
At 5-months and 5-days old, Timber finally got his first taste of real food. Or real-ish food. I'm not sure that rice cereal actually qualifies as real food. It looks like dandruff flakes. However, despite it's unappealing texture, appearance, and (I'm assuming) taste, I fed rice cereal to Timber and he loved it! He's obviously been preparing for this day because he seemed to know exactly what to do with the spoon after only a couple put-the-food-in-push-the-food-out bites.


Unfortunately, Timber was fed his first meal with a pink spoon because his colorblind daddy picked out the spoon. It's not Chris' fault.....he probably thought it was gray.

Fun
I know you're wondering how it can get any more exciting than rice cereal but keep reading because, believe it or not, it gets better. I went to my very favorite consignment shop (Kids Kloset in Smithville) and came home with some supercute summer dresses and Tinker Bell pajamas for Flora, the BEST DISNEY MOVIE OF ALL TIME (Robin Hood) for Scout, and ....... drumroll please.......a JUMPER for Timber!!!! I'm not sure if "jumper" is the right word. It's a contraption that hangs from the ceiling so babies can jump, so we've been calling it "the jumper". You'll see what I mean when you watch the video. That's right.....I said video! Yay!! Don't get TOO excited though because I can't figure out how to rotate the video for the blog. So tilt your head to the side and prepare to experience slight motion sickness as you watch Timber enjoy his new jumping toy!




In review:
Timber + Food = L.O.V.E.
Timber + Jumper = L.O.V.E.
It was a very good day for our littlest man.

No comments: